WHT:
C and I hit up Ikea this morning. After trekking about 2.5km around the heaven for homemakers, we sat down for a hearty meal of swedish meatballs (with deliciously buttery mash, gravy cream and lingonberry sauce), smoked salmon and a caramel almond cake. Washed all this down with a super refreshing and palate cleansing lingonberry soda.
WHAT THE HELL, it tastes so good! Why do we not have lingonberry in Australia?! WHY?!
(can't upload the food photo. :( maybe next time )
Main reason for going again (went to Ikea last week) was for the food. Rhodes Ikea is a bad idea (unless you like paying for parking). It's so easy to spend > 3 hours at Ikea (including meals). Another reason I went was to buy stuff that M didn't let me last week. Hawhaw
Anywhos, C bought 2 chairs and we bussed them back to her place and assembled them. I love assembling stuff, as masculine as that sounds. Word of warning: do not buy screw drivers from the Reject Shop because the quality is just shit and the metal crumbles. Successfully assembled the chair, and shopped a bit to celebrate. Mappen for dinner - perfect end to a fantastic day.
![]() |
| view from unilodge rooftop. pretty impressive huh! |
Some people say it hurts less with time, but that's not true. You learn to cope and live with loss but it never really fades. It's hard when there is no one you can blame.
Sad story, kinda grim but it puts things into perspective and I am again super grateful for all the good things in my life. I'm gonna live a happy life while I can, so if there is ever a day something really tragic happens, I can at least think "I've been happy before". Sounds a bit naive and stupid, but what else can do you, right?

2 screams of joy:
Urghhhh everytime I see a completely healthy person hospitalised for something awful, and someone says 'it's part of a plan'... I want to scream. We just saw a patient who became paralysed when he was 17.
I reckon there isn't a plan. Life screws us over, and we have to try and make something out of what's left. /depressedcomment
LET'S ALL BE HAPPY :D
:(
but darn, all these unfortunate circumstances bring so much inspiration.
Happy or not, we're gonna have to live through it. May as well sail through with a smile!
Post a Comment