Most of the articles on thought catalog are sad and depressing ones. I think I visit that site too often, it's starting to infect me to.
In life, I can say I am relatively risk averse. At the same time, I also want to live with minimal regrets (cliche). Clearly conflicting.
Today I walked smack bang into a past regret (quite literally). It was painful to be reminded and I still feel achy inside right now. So much that I can't forget about it and fall asleep.
Anyway, since I can't sleep, thought I'd recount WHT, one of the last few days of pure sem break goodness.
Day started quite late, I woke just before the afternoon (yeah, gross I know) after a late night and headed into the office to get some admin done. Got caught in peak hour Sydney CBD traffic and swore a billion times in my head at myself for not getting off at Wynyard. During peak hour, walking to world square from wynyard will be faster than commuting by bus.
K2 and I went shopping for A's farewell gift before meeting up with the gang for a reminiscent dinner at the infamous Wagaya.
After being kicked out at 8.20, we trekked to max brenner at Pitt street wf, and let the boys bore us to death with age of empires talk. Moments like these make me feel really nostalgic and remind me of how much fun I had at uni back in the day. Mmm.
The gang split and I ended up at Albion celebrating the birthday of a girl I hadn't met before. Nothing creepy or anything, we just all happened to be heading to the same place afterwards, and had a billion mutual friends. Made the long journey to the break free apartments to farewell a work friend. Apparently it was the after party. ;D
It was only eleven at night but we had to step over limp bodies on the living room carpet and dodge the flailing arms of angry eels supporters camped in front of the television.
Popped out to the balcony, found Kd and asked why he decided to resign and if he had another job waiting. He said he didn't and just didn't want to go through another busy season. I worry about my future sometimes because I don't want to result in a similar outcome. I've seen quite a few do this now.
Anyway, found the auditors and caught up with the latest scoop and listened to the bitching and whining everyone had to contribute. Daaangg, it feels so good to be back. I miss hanging out with auditors.
One of the things I miss about work is Friday night drinks and catch ups. Someone wise once told me that Friday doesn't feel like Friday without a drink - whether that be a beer or something stronger.
Friday night turned into Saturday morning, I was holding a glass of my favourite beverage, listening to my favourite team bitching about the "masterchef guy". It's funny how he's still around even though he told the whole world how much he hated his job. His role at work should be changed to something related to marketing instead. It's hard to work well with people who "don't give a shit".
Came home to nothing but darkness and quiet snoring. This is the second time I've come home so late this year. D wasn't up waiting like he usually is, I think we finally got the trust thing down pat- I am not as crazy and careless as he thinks. Either that, or he really has faith in P to bring me home in one piece.
Anyway, hope you all had a good week and enjoy the weekend 8)8)
Ps, hitting up Costco for the first time tomorrow. I have high expectations and hope to buy a mega bag of dried mangoes!!!
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 screams of joy:
You won't be disappointed, they have giant bags of all confectionary! And massive cakes :)
IT WAS SO AWESOME.
SO SO SO AWESOME
Post a Comment