Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Post exams so far

It's almost been a week since the holidays started and I've barely done anything productive apart from reading a few books.

As per usual, I have some instagram feed for your viewing pleasure.


Celebrated A's 22nd birthday at Encasa on the Saturday before exams finished. Glad to say that my self-enforced alcohol-ban was not violated that night even though sangria was on the table.  Alcohol reverses all my hard work at the gym! The night ended at Kobow - surprise, surprise, but it was a very good night, I have to say. Miss seeing my work buds!  During the day, J and I went present hunting around Central and Town Hall. We ended up spending an hour or so in the cookbook section of the bookstore and emerged quite triumphant with 3 books in hand!  This is the gift that keeps giving (in a very delicious form too).

After that, I kinda laid low for a couple of days until Corporations Law and Accounting were over. When they were out of the way, I went out with C and A for expensive sushi.




Can't exactly remember what happened on Thursday morning, in the evening I was supposed to have dinner at El Jannahs, but there were last minute changes and the gang ended up at Chatwsood for Shang. We had like steamer after steamer after steamer of xiaolongbao, lots other buns and dumplings and the bill only came to $57 for 5 people. During dinner, it was decided that we would go on a dessert crawl afterwards + karaoke. But maybe it's because we're getting older, staying out late (11pm-ish) sure had it's toll on us. Ahaha, especially for everyone else who were working during the day. We only ended up going to the korean grocery store and yoghurberry in the end.



On Friday, I got a fringe cut (hooray, I have a fringe again!) and a group of us met up to shop for B's going away hot pot.  I have never spent so much time in Eastwood, ever ahaha. Stopped for lunch at a korean restaurant (it used to be Poong!) and feasted on their complimentary side dishes and $5 vege Bibimbap/$8 beef bulgolgi Bibimbap.

When all the shopping was done, we started preparing food.  That always takes time, but I think it's the most fun compared to grocery shopping at eating. People started arriving and it was a pretty good catch up, I say.

This is only one table! There was another one!
Anyway, B - thanks for having us over, hope you're having a grand time in the sweltering heat in Essen! See you in 8 months!

On Saturday, I went to Ikea - but I've already talked about that.  Dinner was at Jonga Jip in Eastwood - MORE korean food. (Can safely say that I am quite sick of Korean food right now).

Sunday was the day that I realised my cough was more than just a cough and I spent the majority of the day in bed.

Yesterday the doc told me it all started because of my congested nose. :( And since then I've been (ungracefully) snorting decongestant up my nose. I have the manliest voice right now.  One of the best things about this, is saying "Hey there, call me sugar daddy" to everyone I see (just K & M at home, but it's still hilarious).

AusPost has been delivering goodies that I ordered over Ebay like ... 2 or 3 months ago (sigh, HK sellers) so I guess that's been another plus.

PS. ANOTHER FRIEND JUST GOT ENGAGED (what is this?! 2 engagements in 2 weeks?! Totes feelin' the love, yo). Except the way that it's posted on facebook, half of me is expecting that someone's hijacked her phone and mega trolled everyone.

ANYWAY, I need to pop off to Bing Lee and the Post office before they close.

Hasta Luego~ Happy Tuesday!

0 screams of joy:

 
design by suckmylolly.com