Friday, October 5, 2012

shitting where you eat?

I heard this term today.  In class someone asked me whether there were lots of interdivisional relationships where I work.

When I said yes (it is so true, a huge percentage of auditors are going out with other auditors) he was like, "what?! that's like shitting where you eat!".

That sounds rather... negative.

Supposing that "eating" equates to working, raking in the cash etc, that only leaves "shitting" to mean seeing/spending time with your SO. How is that like shitting at all!? Weird.

But I reckon people are pretty lax in Sydney.  No one freaks out about interdivisional couples like they do in Brazil or Singapore (I've heard stories from some expats - it all seems very extreme and so different to the work lifestyle here. We have it good).   In fact, after our work retreat in the Hunter almost 2 years ago, I overheard some accountant in the lunch area talking loudly about some threesome he had with 2 seniors at the retreat. No one judged him (except me), but all the guys stood up, walked towards him and shook his hand.

(This is also really weird, in another division, there's a senior who wears the title of "village bicycle" and she doesn't mind it at all. I think I'd die if that ever happened to me.)

Anyway, for all my buddies overseas, it was HOTHOTHOT today and I loved it.

For the past few mornings, K and I have picnicked in the backyard in an attempt to get some colour on our skin.  K has been in the sun for like 5 minute a day, I've been lying there for twice the amount of time, but she still got a billion times darker than me.

PS. Have you guys noticed all these different TimTam flavours? I picked up a few to mail out to A at UBC :):)  I would tell you more about these TimTams, but I'm trying to get fit before next Wednesday so I can't. ;D

Happy Friday errbody!

2 screams of joy:

diti said...

hahahaha maybe he meant more along the lines of not separating 'life' and 'work'. And was referring to the fact that when it goes wrong... it ends up rather messy and leaving you feeling very sick.

/medschoolexperiences.

mishmashmosh said...

I'm gonna be immature and say I think life and work does not need to be separated. If it does end badly, oh well, suck it up - it was good/fun while it lasted.

#yolo

Life is too short to not shit where you eat.

 
design by suckmylolly.com