Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sugar Hit 2012 - The Grace Hotel


Just wanted to jot this down quickly because I'm itching to blog about Azuma's.  I've been behind in everything (uni, blog, life in gen). But yeah, last Friday we had a reservation for the Grace Hotel sugar hit.  Every year, they always seem to have the chocolate floss, but I think I had difficulty finding people who were interested last year/year before.

SO this year, I finally got to try it.  And verdict?  It is tres cool. It melts in  your mouth like normal floss, but I feel like it disintegrates into even smaller bits than sugar granules.

Deconstructing the dessert:
- Chocolate floss: I like!
- Chocolate macaron: Soso. I think macarons are overrated - it's like a half cooked biscuit. I'd take cake anyday.
- Chocolate icecream: Always good, but expected more?
- White and Dark chocolate charlotte:  At this point, we were all dying from the chocolate.  Too much of one thing is never good and I think this layer killed it for us.
- Dark chocolate bowl with strawberries: The berries were a welcome distraction from the chocolate death everyone was experiencing.

The brown brothers wine they had tasted like cider - totally forgot to take down the name.

The Grace Hotel is a great place to go to if you realise you have no plans for late Friday night.  They seemed to have a few empty spots around because they're a) bigger, and b) not as popular as Azuma.

If you're trying to make a reservation at Azuma, do it early, and aim for the weekdays if you're going with a group.  Actually, I recall the restaurant telling me they were booked out all month for Thurs-Sats.  So yeaaah.  Good luck if you're hoping to give them a visit.

Now that this is out of the way, I can blog about Azuma (probs tomorrow).

Thursday (morning) already.  Time sure flies when an assignment is due Friday :(

#broketober

PS. I also went to Bourke St Bakery and the noodle markets last night.  More on that late :)

0 screams of joy:

 
design by suckmylolly.com