Monday, October 22, 2012

Sometimes I do make wise decisions.

So last night, I decided to go to bed instead of continuing with my assignment.

This morning I hauled my ass out of bed at 6am and I managed to get so much crap done in the 3 hours that followed.  I don't think I've churned out such quality work in the whole year.  I should really get up earlier because my mind is so much clearer* (although it did take me about an hour to FULLY wake up) in the morning.

I am not a morning person - I'm still bright and cheery in the mornings, but I'm usually very foggy as well.  I used to be a night owl- but now (maybe it's because I'm ageing lol), I feel really tired when it gets to 2-3am in the morning.  I used to be at my peak then.

How times have changed.  Now that I know I'm super productive in the morning, I'm going to try harder to change my sleeping patterns :)  Let's hope this works out!

*I think another key factor to the quality of my work is the low number of distractions I have in the background.  During the day, my phone is always buzzing from fb, twitter, whatsapps and emails (still getting emails from work - I'm waiting for the new laptop roll outs!!) and I feel like I am barely able to sit down for an hour without being distracted.

Yesterday I decided to turn off my phone. My parents were shocked. K was shocked. I think I was a little shocked myself. But that didn't last. I had to call my uni mate to ask about something so I had to turn my phone back on =__=.

Maybe I'll try to be less attached to my phone?  That can be my new years resolution for 2013. I get annoyed at myself for having my phone with me during dinner sometimes. It's become such a bad habit.

ANYWAY, for some reason, I'm really excited it's Monday (it's pretty much the first Monday I've had with sleep) and it just feels damn good to know I'll finally doing something right.  Lately I feel like I've been making a series of bad decisions. Time to turn my life around :)

Happy Monday folks. Keep calm and drink some coffee. No such thing as Mondayitis!

0 screams of joy:

 
design by suckmylolly.com